Figuring Out How to Edit Video / Audio in the Airplane
I finally figured out how to sync the audio from a separate recording device with the video from the GoPro Fusion 360. The problem with all of the auto sync functions in Premier Pro is that they require good audio on the video channel to sync with. Well it turns out that the audio picked up on the GoPro is nothing but “engine drone” and even when you clapped your hands next to it you could not hear it on the video channel. I will try to post a video a little later on how I fixed it…
Building a Piper Cub!
Where do I start… It’s been a while since we last made a post on the blog. What can I say, we’ve been busy. Lot’s of things have happened in our lives, some good and some not so good. But, we are still here and have been flying, fishing and building as much as life allows.
Why a Piper Cub… Well, we finished the RV9A over 5 years ago and have enjoyed every minute in the air with it (over 700 hours!). But, on those rainy Saturdays for the first couple of years after building the RV, we would walk into the garage and wish we still had a project to work on, so the research began. We had the perfect long distance, fuel efficient and reliable plane with the RV, so why not “low & slow”. We didn’t want one of the main stream kit planes, mainly because they are fairly easy and quick to build and cost too much money. We went plans / scratch built so that we could spread the minimal build cost over several years allowing us to take as long as needed to afford to build. The Cub was the perfect plane for the mission, an inexpensive, “low & slow”, Sunday afternoon flyer!
Slow Progress… We started work on the project a little over 3 years ago. I have focused on the tubing and welding of the fuselage & tail feathers and Beth has been building the wood ribs. We have collectively spent just over 400 hours on the project… contrast that with the 3,000+ hours we worked on the RV in just under three years and you can see why this is the perfect project for the rainy Saturdays 🙂
Really Neat Video… After working on smaller components of the tail feathers for a while, I decided to do some time lapse photography of the fuselage build… It turned out pretty good! The video below represents about 14 months worth of work. I have since made a good bit more progress, but have not prepared a video of the results yet. The time lapse below has been compressed into about 8 minutes, so go fix yourself a glass of wine and come back!
So There You Have It… who knows, it may be another two years before we post again, but I hope not! In the mean time, please follow us on Facebook or “the” Twitter and keep the shiny side up!